Saturday, July 21, 2012

Zen Boxing

No matter what you call it -- or even whether you practice any spiritual "path" -- we all recognize a "zen" moment when it happens.  You know what I mean -- you just could not have planned for "it" to work out so amazingly perfect.  Well then, on with the "rest of the story."

My path includes teaching yoga, meditation, Sanskrit chants -- a H57 variety of spiritual teachings, most aptly labeled (if one must) mystic Hindu.

THE POINT BEING....when the "ah-HA" happens it's always a surprise.  So, yesterday while I was teaching yoga next to an enormous windowed view of Old Town Eureka, I was admittedly distracted by the nuclear-powered paper shredding machine that was sending ripples of vibrational energy through our humble yoga classroom.  I don't multitask while doing yoga!!  A contradiction in terms if ever there was one. But, I am thinking ---OMG we are moving to Hawaii: Just look at all those beautiful boxes they are putting in the cardboard recycle shredder/grinder/destroyer!

At the end of the yoga class (without confession) I scurried across the street and excitedly asked the workers if I could have them.  They asked "how many?" and I said ALL of them!  So we loaded them all up tightly packed in the truck back and front!  Happy Me!

But, wait -- there's MORE!  We had just made the executive-level decision to rid ourselves of nearly 60 boxes of "releasable stuff" -- and had done it.   Note:  Of course I talk about this "principle" all the time in my class -- whether it's yoga -- breath-work -- it's all about the letting-go-of that allows space for the "receiving."   And, here it was, so beautifully illustrated!    Ha!   "Zen Boxing"

No comments:

Post a Comment