Friday, July 19, 2013

Subterranean Inspiration

Subterranean Inspiration?  Really?
Well, sigh, what can I say! It feels like something floating just beneath my skin, a glimmer of light, idea, sensation - all drawing up from inside me, rising closer to the skin. 

There is a dance between that inner intuitive sub-awareness, and a connection to the underground rhythms of this living moving land, violent churning ocean, floating breezes, winds shifting, clouds reeling and magma flowing.

To my inner ear the vibrations feel like a stunning tango, or a gritty inner city beat, a galactic orchestra, or impromptu modern dance.  Then, at times it is a subtle sub-audible sound -- like my very own heart.

To my inner eye, there are elements of costume design, cosmology and architecture and futurism.  As an cultural anthropologist my mind is amused by the additional infusion of both urban and tribal culture.  Ok, it's a little vague yet, but so far the graphic visuals really appeal to me.

Both of these images were inspired by the "landscape" of our own house; they began as photographs of interesting visual focal points in our new Hawaiian Hale.

No comments:

Post a Comment