Saturday, December 21, 2013

Winter Solstice

Words are inadequate to describe this image or, there are so many I drown in them. 

I am floating in warm olivine waters under the full moon at Ahalanui staring deep into star studded skies limned by back lit clouds. A few feet away waves crash over the sea wall and with my eyes closed I feel the power of the wave sweep under and lift me and my body merges with all that surrounds me.  I stare at the moon so long that even when I close my eyes the curved image remains illuminated on the cave wall of my eyelids.  As the boundaries of my body dissolve I wonder, fleetingly, just how does one artistically express the shear enormity and intimacy of this moment as the photons of moonlight invite my DNA to dance.

Winter Solstice 2013




1 comment:

  1. Is this a painting or enhanced photograph? I love it! I was actually floating in the waves @ Pohiki (sp?) earlier in the day on the Solstice - but was already driving past Volcano by the time the moon rose.
    Happy New Life to you & Phil, dhiresha

    ReplyDelete