Friday, January 24, 2014

What's Blooming?



There's ALWAYS something blooming at our new house in Puna.  Here's a photo of the Firecracker tree blossom that I promised to post earlier this month.

Other blooms that appear at this time of year on our property are the ubiquitous Nun's Cap orchids. 

When we first moved in, I relocated about a dozen of them from the inaccessible wooded areas and created a whole bed of white blooming plants and shrubs around the Ohia trees just outside the front door.


Additionally, there is another kind of "BLOOMING" taking place and I have finally returned to the studio to continue an exploration of a variety of abstract shapes that have been haunting me for months. 

During this past year, property management issues took priority, whether that was clearing the land, building the apartment/ohana, completing the art studio, garden preparation, etc.  While doing all this physical work, several bright, graphic geometric images kept coming up in my brain -- and now that all the major projects are completed, it is exciting to return to them -- and see where they may lead me.




No comments:

Post a Comment