Sunday, June 15, 2014

"Halfway Down"


Halfway Down - by a.a. milne

Halfway down the stairs
is a stair
where i sit.
there isn't any
other stair
quite like
it.
i'm not at the bottom,
i'm not at the top;
so this is the stair
where
I always
stop.

Halfway up the stairs
Isn't up
And it isn't down.
It isn't in the nursery,
It isn't in town.
And all sorts of funny thoughts
Run round my head.
It isn't really
Anywhere!
It's somewhere else
Instead!


today i was missing my sweet boy, phil, when i thought of a photograph i took a few months ago.  i feel that it captures not only the "inbetween" place of waiting for his return but is also a place i find myself in often.  it is why i chose the tatoo on my leg -- a kanji symbol meaning "the space between."  everything IS in suspension, in the 'process of'' (whatever).  me too, although at times it is annoying as hell, it is also a rare and exquisite torture.

No comments:

Post a Comment