Monday, November 17, 2014

Volcano Music


"Vivo Acceso" (c)
While some of the lava flow at Pahoa (Puna, Hawaii) has slowed, there are several outbreaks back from the front.  Overall, the lava is building up higher and higher, and widening out.  Right now, it is a slow process - no violent eruptions, but I am sensitive to low, inaudible frequency vibrations


"Pahoa Arpeggiato" (c)
In a meditation, I was focusing on the movement of the lava beneath the land and how this subsurface activity creates vibrations. 

Images came to me that I felt could be interpreted as sound /vibration and I wanted to write music!  However, since I'm not musically inclined, I used my abstract visual imagination to create what the music might "look like."  Here are two of my visual- interpretations of "Volcano Music" which I hope to explore further -- perhaps in a series over the winter.

1 comment:

  1. I will burn some more sacred root with these images in my minds eye right now..... the breath to be taken in down low and only wispy drops will flow out as thin braids. No angry bursts will harm you. Love envelopes your foundation.

    ReplyDelete