Tuesday, January 27, 2015

HAPPY FEET!




Happy Feet --
 
I often take my coffee out on the back steps of the lanai, facing the sunrise.  I habitually take the middle step (because I love the poem “Halfway Down” by AA Milne.)  

 A few days ago, I noticed my heels were som kine crazy puna style, ya?!  (rough, cracked, stained, etc.) So, I notice that my feet are resting on the next step down which has a sandy, safety-grip strip, put in place by Sweet Mr. Phil.  2+2=4.   I began to rub my heel back and forth on it and VOILE’ in just a few rubs, both my heels were as soft as a baby’s butt…no shit!   HA!  So now it’s as easy as wipin' yo’ feet! 

Then, speaking of feet, we were both cleaning up our large lovely de-lightful art studio when we came across a few small watercolors we each did on our very first visit in 2011.   I remembered one I did of my feet, lounging on the balcony overlooking Kealakekua Bay.  After two years in sandals and slippa’s – we got brown toes now!

Oh yeah....the POEM!!


 

HALFWAY DOWN
A. A. Milne

Halfway down the stairs
is a stair
where i sit.
there isn't any
other stair
quite like
it.
i'm not at the bottom,
i'm not at the top;
so this is the stair
where
I always
stop.

Halfway up the stairs
Isn't up
And it isn't down.
It isn't in the nursery,
It isn't in town.
And all sorts of funny thoughts
Run round my head.
It isn't really
Anywhere!
It's somewhere else
Instead! –

No comments:

Post a Comment