Friday, July 29, 2016

Lunel's New Lava-Inspired Art

Lunel with two new canvas of her abstract art.

Those of you who know me well, also know I am a compulsively creative person.  So... leaving Humboldt County to retire in the Puna District of the Big Island would mean leaving one kind of inspiration for an entirely new landscape and inspiration! It is hard to be an artist here in Hawai'i and NOT be inspired by this vital living land!

For three years I have been working on our property with some rather unusual "art tools" --my o'o bar and pick ax as I am learning to create with a brand new medium -- LAVA!! The curving lines of lava, and the colors of the landscape are coming through in a brand new, bold and colorful way.


I have entitled this set of images Moku Moe'uhane "Island Dreams" because the energy of the 'aina (land) works on and through me in a rather dream-like way. Everything here is always moving -- charged with energy. These images are my response to that movement and energy.







4 comments:

  1. These are beautiful and so original. I love the creativity as much as I love the brilliant colors. Comment by Tammy Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your artwork is striking and elemental; I would like to post some of them on my facebook page and of course I'll give you full credit! They're so special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your artwork is striking and elemental; I would like to post some of them on my facebook page and of course I'll give you full credit! They're so special!

    ReplyDelete