Tuesday, August 14, 2018

50 years later


Honolulu Star Bulletin - 
February 1969


One of our neighbors in Leilani Estates just posted this ad that ran in 1969. 

Today is my 70th birthday. Looking back to 1969...that was the year that everything I owned could fit in my Volkswagen. Fast-forward 50 years (after the fire of May 2, and the total loss of our home and contents - except for dogs and computer) -- and now, everything we own fits into our VERSA!  Now that's a real mind-bending "trip" isn't it! 

Today we schlep a load up to our new digs in Volcano Village where we hope to have a few months of cool and quiet to recoup and regroup -- body, soul, mind and spirit.

And, yah, except for Phil's reacquired wood working tools, all we now own can all fit into our VERSA car. Interesting that in loading up, his tools take up the most room, followed by my art supplies and our newly collected set of books, followed by three corgi dogs.  Shows where our priorities are.

1 comment:

  1. I was at Many Hands gallery just yesterday ~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY Lunel I'm thinking of you both... Donna Wright...call when you can please: 707 407-6965

    ReplyDelete