Friday, December 21, 2018

Butterflies In Our Tummies!



For about 20 years I have been creating art-journals in addition to my written journals going back 45 years. All of them (except one which a friend had) were lost in the fire.

Many times in the past months I've had the opportunity to wonder about my attachment to my history, and examine the grief I felt at such a loss. One of many things we have both realized through this ordeal is we are not our "stories" and we have a deeper intimacy with "nowness" and living in each eloquent moment.

Of course our retirement to Hawaii prompted many pages, most gone. I would occasionally  photograph a page for inclusion in our blog....and so,.in December of 2012, I made this page -- as we excitedly made the last minute check-list for our departure from Humboldt County and our arrival in Leilani Estates and our new home (hale.)

This month, as we prepare to move into our charming new home in Volcano Hawaii, the feelings are much the same -- "Butterflies In Our Tummies!

What a challenging year this has been -- on every level.  We were delighted to meet the previous owners of our little pink home who have been gracious about helping make our transition a smooth one. What 2019 will bring, we don't know. But being able to move in at the close of this traumatic year seems somehow seems a fitting conclusion!

It is also exciting for us to welcome several visiting Humboldt County friends during the very first month!


1 comment: