Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Haysmers' Holiday Preparations

Last year at this time we were hoping to move into our new home before the holidays, but it didn't work out that way.

Fast forward one year later with escrow closed, we have the joy this year of holiday preparations in our own home.

Realizing all of our treasured Christmas ornaments were part of Pele's collection after the volcanic event last year in Puna, we were happy to receive many ornaments from friends -- plus a few from after holiday sales.
Treats?  Presents?  Cookies? Stockings?  -- WE ARE READY

Last week, we discovered there was a tree farm just down the highway and today, we got to set it up and decorate it.

No, Phil, not
that kind of "skirt!"









At our house blessing last month, attendees brought a variety of gifts including amaryllis, and a very special antique hand-made Persian Bakhtiari rug. The word Bakhtiari is the name of the town where the rug was made. The word Bakhtiari is a combination of two small Iranian words: Bakht (luck) and Yar (companion.)

POKO, LANI, AND TUDOR were most curious about the process and wanted to know where their "stockings" were.











2 comments:

  1. There's no way to say this easily, so I will just say, I am sorry that my husband Ken's death in Dec 2017 , and my daughters leaving for college and not looking back much in Aug 2018, put me in such a deep place of grief and loss , that I could not be there for you emotionally. I also know my contribution to your go fund me page was a drop in the bucket after your total loss and could not replace your need for a roof over your head and someone to hold you while you suffered. Forgive me for not being there as that friend. It was just too painful for me to deal with after my 32 yr relationship ended with Ken dying of leukemia that transformed into Lymphoma. I know you have many friends and community who love you. Heal and know you are LOVED.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete