Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Valentine's Day

"I'm sorry, dad...we fixed it!"

It's Phil in his "new" Valentine's T-shirt....but look a little closer. We ALL love our old soft T-shirts and reluctantly they eventually end up as dust cloths and paint brush cleaners. Well, THIS T-shirt was artistically given a new life.


The CIRCLES show where the big holes WERE (note tiny paw prints>)....
Every household has a mischievous member of the family -- an inventive instigator. Such is the case at our house and "her" name is I'I Lani (the midget from heaven...or from ??)  Anyway, the other day Phil left a dirty T-shirt on the floor by the bed and guess who got it and then enticed Poko to have a rousing game of tug-of-war with it.  The result, when I found it was two jagged holes.


Phil was ready to turn the T-shirt into rags, but Poko felt so bad he decided to see if "we" could save it. He reminded me that a couple years ago I took 35 years of T-shirts apart to make myself an art-quilt. So "we" patched the holes in Phil's soft ol' shirt and then decorated it to match the motif of the original fish-and-fish-hook" art. Poko was very pleased -- and so was "dad."





No comments:

Post a Comment