Saturday, January 16, 2021

MAKE ART - In response to...

As our blog followers have known ART has helped me respond to PTSD after my coma in May 2018 and the lost of our home. After creating over 400 small collage images in four journals, I lept (lele) out of the small 5x9 format in 2020 to create another 50+ collages in larger sizes.

The most recent stress of covid, isolation, and politics has triggered PTSD-related 'stuff'  and I was able to more creatively respond with three brand new big 18x24 images. The first was done at NY -- the second in response to the "threat" in our nation's capital felt so keenly by so many. Finally, an image that reflects general sadness about the general threat, fear and impotence felt by me and others.

Created on New Years -working title was 'silent night'


"Threat"

"Sad Song" (for humanity)


1 comment:

  1. Artistic impression is a great form of therapy. All are so powerful!
    ~cousin Emily

    ReplyDelete