Sunday, November 10, 2013

An Artist Musing

Those who have known me wearing my artist hat, know the compulsive juices that trace their way through my heart, around my mind, and out... out into art some kine --  often unfamiliar kine.  It is the way I explore.  I often adventure to where I have not been; I like edges.

Exploring lately I find recurring doodles where I try to express how I FEEL about this place.  For me any attempt to picture it or paint it seems too literal for the emotional abstraction of --- (simply- haha) how it FEELS to my spirit, to  my body and my soul to be in communion with this land, this ocean, this sky.  The nurture/nature dance is beguiling and seductive.

My muses seem to have followed any last remnants of molecules that may have been trailing behind me since our arrival on Hawaii's Big Island a year ago.  I think maybe I am now "all here" whatever that means, right.  

We were lucky to have a friend who recently gave me some auto glass I get to break for some of my crash-glass art I was doing before we moved...and which seems to be calling me to play.  Wheeeee!


1 comment:

  1. Perhaps some Sea Turtles and Mermaids will inspire you for crash glass art. Can't get enough blues and greens to view in this life time! I enjoy your diptech pieces so much everyday at my tiny studio in Eureka. Thank You again for sharing your art.
    love -
    donna do wright

    ReplyDelete