Saturday, March 29, 2014

Quilt Done!

Yes, the quilt is done (check!) and what fun I had with the whole project.  Getting help from Phil and Dexter on the final layout proved to be very helpful.

Next, a trip to Hilo's AMAZING "Fabric Warehouse" on Wednesday (our regular weekly "Hilo Day") where the staff asked to please bring in the completed quilt so they could put it on their website....(who me!?)   But of course I will -- what LEO would pass up an opportunity like that.

I did have someone offer to help me, but I decided to just stick with my own admittedly limited skill-set on this project since I don't plan to make another quilt (but admire so much more all the quilters that I know!)   I spent two full days sewing all the pieces together and pressing it.  Then another two days went into sewing the front to the back and doing the machine-quilting.  Completing the sewing today made it a very focused week, but it is now hanging up and looks fantastic. 










In addition to the T-shirt squares, the quilt also contains six of my own images done in colored pencil, and four of those images have accompanying poems which were featured in a self-published calendar a few years ago.

The "sign" on the back says, "35 Years In T-Shirts - Spring 2014 - LUNEL"

If I get it posted on the website for Hilo's Fabric Warehouse, I will include a link.

No comments:

Post a Comment