Sunday, August 31, 2014

Elements III

Well, how could I NOT post this photo!  Phil just finished the frame for it using scrap 2x4 board from our lanai projects.  And who'da thunk it would have turned out so beautiful.  I just had to post it.  L




“ELEMENTS III”
By Lunel Haysmer

You cannot live on this island and not be aware of the elements that surround you:  Fire, water, wind, and land. Some are intimate and nurturing; some are violent and destructive.  Having just come through a hurricane and now watching lava flowing a few miles from our home, that awareness has pushed through the emotions and fear to produce art! 

This series called ELEMENTS expresses how I feel inside as I respond to these forces over which I have no control.  Some friends think we are crazy to have even moved here, but I know this is where I want to live and die – here on the edge of life in all its inspiring vitality.

The colorful images used in this art are ones I have been developing for the last year.  They are digitally modified original fractals I have manipulated.  They are overlaid with hundreds of pieces of broken automobile glass that have been tediously arranged and grouted in place.  The details of the process are my trade secret at this time while I continue to play with these “ingredients.”



No comments:

Post a Comment