Wednesday, August 19, 2015

"A 40 Year Wait"

For many years I have thought of owning a bobcat; I have longed to shape mounds of earth, and I have dreamed of creating large sculptural works... something that could be seen from the air like the beautiful "Serpent Mound" in Ohio.


A very cool birthday present for Lunel
Serpent Mound - Ohio, USA The figure of a giant snake, apparently ...
Aerial view of Ohio's "Serpent Mound"
The journals I wrote in my 20's contain entries about owning 40 acres and using a bobcat.  And, this longing has continued to the present day.  So, for my birthday, I got part of my dream.  Of course owning 40 acres at this age, is not practical -- managing this wild and wonderful one acre on Hawaii's Big Island will be enough for a long time!  (The cat's owner, Danny, was kind enough to let me stage this photograph -- as a birthday photo op.)




No comments:

Post a Comment