Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Dexter Dinkums Wigglesworth III

Oh MY!  The paperwork...the process...the cost!!  After mom and dad printed out the 25 page book on how to get a dog to Hawaii, I was worried!  I have made three visits to the vet so far -- shots updated, then a computer chip put in my neck and finally, blood drawn.

Then, mom had to take the box to FedEx for overnight shipment to University of Kansas for the rabies test.   After we get the results (which I could have TOLD them if they just asked) we have to wait 120 days.   And, when you read the fine print, it is going to cost a lot -- like over $400!

Then, we have to pay my processing fee and ticket with the Department of Agriculture in Hawaii so I can get there.  I already have a nice vet named Dr. Jenny in Kona who will help process me at the airport, but I sure hope they remember to come get me.  Do you see the worried look on my face?

No comments:

Post a Comment