Friday, September 12, 2014

Pele Dreams

It is easy to get sideswiped by all the "activity" going on related to an imminent "lava event" here in Puna.  It is very real.  On the other hand, sometimes it is of value to simply sit down and think about the raw beauty and power being observed and our response to it.  Or better yet, participate with it as an experience experiment!

Today I went for a long luxurious swim in the ocean with my friend, Jan.  Swimming out farther than I had before, I could see surfers catching waves on deep blue water.  The water was warm, clear and inviting, so I laid on my back allowing the waves to undulated beneath me lifting me up to the rhythm of my breath.  I felt safe, calm, protected and connected.   While floating I wondered what Pele's dreams might look like, so I closed my eyes to imagine them.

I play with vivid colors and dynamic shapes to express my relationship with the world here -- of physicality and essence.  I juggle these ideas, shapes and colors in my abstracts until they coalesce and connect coherently to my inexpressible emotion. 

To be honest, I don't even know what I just said, or tried to say.  Maybe this new creation will help.  Part of me doesn't even want to give it a name; words being, despite my addiction to them, inadequate.  So how about a working title of...."Pele Dreams."

No comments:

Post a Comment