Friday, February 13, 2015

Blue Sky and Fluffy Puna Clouds


The winds are blowing today and our big fluffy Puna clouds are back.  We drove into Pahoa Village for a Post Office and Longs stop, but we were sorry we didn't have our camera with us.

Just at the top of the hill by the Catholic church, we were stunned to see towering, majestic visions of BOTH Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea glowing with sunlight!!  After we got home I did get a couple of photos of the intense blue sky -- but alas, who can capture a cloud in a camera! (These are untouched photos right out of the camera, but the blue you see here is a little darker than what we are seeing today.)


I also remembered the "blue sky measuring device" I wrote about in fall last year -- and had fun trying to identify the exact color of the blue I'm seeing.  But mostly, I love being in my BLUE hammock just watching the clouds dancing under the bright blue sky!! (check it out on this link.....)
Sept 26, 2014 "Blue Sky Blog"

No comments:

Post a Comment