Sunday, September 18, 2016

Ahab and Ahab's Wife


As Ahab eyed me, he said, "What I really really want are wheels."
On a visit to Kona side some months ago, I fell in love with a beautifully carved horn in the shape of a whale at one of our favorite antique stores. He was just so charming!

Taking him out at home I polished him with some wax,  and decided to call him "Ahab>"  I was admittedly stunned when he said, "...but what I really really want are wheels."  My eyebrows lifted, I cocked my head to the side, shrugged and said, "Sure, why the hell not!" I got distracted though (who ME?) for a while, but recently I took him out to play and see...about wheels.  Phil helped me find some wheels at the hardware store that I was able to antique.  Using thick copper wire I created a frame to hold the wheels.  Looking good, but there was just one more thing....a shining spout of copper water!!

Interestingly, a few weeks later I was attracted to a used book at the local bookstore in Pahoa entitled Ahab's Wife.  If you want a good book, I whole-heartedly recommend it, and have provided a LINK to just one of many amazing reviews.  If you're curious read ... A review of Ahab's Wife





No comments:

Post a Comment