Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Back to Art

I am so excited to be in our spacious, light, airy art studio!  The land has been a wonderful and exhausting pallet, but it has been a year since I have dedicated large chunks of time to exploring my own art.

For months now, I have been working on several designs, believing that they would translate into the shattered glass technique I was successfully exploring before our relocation from Humboldt County to the district of Puna on the Big Island.

These are close-ups from two of the series that will give you a taste of the dynamic colors and shapes.
I have also included a page from my art journal so you can see the general shape and direction of this series that, for now I am calling the "Journey" series.  That's what they seem to feel like to me.

(At this time I am working with only the six on the left side.)

There are three pairs.  In my mind I have working titles, but they may simply be numbered Journey #1-6
so viewers are left to their own creativity and curiosity.

....ship to shore
....womb to world
....cell to star gate


(Admittedly, these are my long-loved conceptual favorites -- not always easy to translate into metaphoric image, but always a fun challenge.)



No comments:

Post a Comment