Monday, February 17, 2014

T-Shirt Quilt

Leaving Humboldt County and relocating to Hawaii meant a drastic change in wardrobes for both of us.  Like many people, I have a rather embarrassingly large pile of T-shirts.... some dating back 35 years now.

As we sorted out and divested ourselves of so many things, somehow the idea of disposing of  all these treasured reminders of by-gone years proved to be too difficult.  So, I packed them all up and they moved with us...with the idea that I would cut up the oldest ones to make myself a quilt.  Now my stack of T-shirts only numbers 6-7 -- and is more in keeping with the climate here.

Today, I began to sort through them all, cutting out squares (many not shown) and using iron-on fusing to prepare them for embellishment for the quilt squares.  My life in T-shirts and many remarkable memories!


No comments:

Post a Comment