Monday, December 4, 2017

Down the Rabbit Hole

On December 1st I had what I can only describe as an Alice in Wonderland kind of day.

Many things happened that were well within the norm for us -- dogs, mail, meals, some yard work, a painting project a little news and a movie. It began with coffee, feeding the corgyn and a discussion about what the day would bring, ruled tyrannically by the weather -- go with the flow and all that.  Then the monthly Civil Defense siren went off -- as did the singing dogs, of course. But THEN... the second siren went off...playing a different elongated blast!!

AND   DOWN 
      THE  RABBIT HOLE 
                    I WENT

While it was blasting, I wondered if any other states, on the continent, were practicing BOMBS INCOMING drills. I experienced an odd unreality temporal dislocation of some kind - f**k me! I was in elementary school hiding under my desk. What reality is this? For better or worse, I didn't stay in that lane for long because our friendly yard guy showed up to unload some mulch.

Later there was a stunning bacon-lettuce-tomato-cucumber-avocado sandwich on rye, a few emails and preparing "puppy lunch" for "Tudor."

Monarchwatch.org gives instructions on care
Then, another kind of rabbit hole experience -- the care and feeding of over 30 Monarch caterpillars who are all creating exquisite pale green jade chambers for their magnificent transformation. Many more are now hanging from the "ceiling" of the enclosure.

NEXT -- carefully following the instructions of the folks at Monarch Watch GO MONARCHS  I carefully tied thread around the base of the cocoon to remove it so I could transfer. I am getting some ready for local teacher to use in her classroom.

Pleas and Deals a comin'
Another Rabbit Hole experience was its own brand of weird -- for the first time in months, I think I saw a hint of grin on Adam Schiff's face today.

But then again I saw another grin on the faces of the Trump children after the tax bill passed.

Not my usual post, but a response to the current UNREALITY.





No comments:

Post a Comment