Monday, December 11, 2017

Lunar Leo






Born in mid-August, I fall into the astrological sign of Leo, but my true affinity has always been for the moon; no surprise with a name like LUNEL.



Facing East - Sun through the trees
Turning West - Full moon setting
Each month for the full moon, I head down to "da pond" - Ahalanui where, at high tide, waves crash over the lava wall protecting our favorite local swimming spot.

During most of the year, I can make it down for an evening swim. Watching the sun fade and the sky turn pale lavendar, pink and blue, the moon will rise large over the ocean. During the winter, a moon light swim at night sometimes presents more of a challenge as it is darker earlier.

Last Monday, for the full moon, I rose at 6am for a drive down to swim. Going out the door to the car, I had to stop dead in my tracks as the sunrise coming through the trees on the east side of the property was so glorious. I took a photo, and then, turning to the west, I found another stunning view -- the moon setting in the west. Not a bad way to start the day!





No comments:

Post a Comment